This position will lead design efforts of next generation product hardware at MatrixSpace, a leading technology company headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. The position can be based in Burlington or Hoffman Estates, Il.
While strong electrical engineering, program management, and written specification skills are essential, this is a role for a person who is enthusiastic about a broader role in a dynamic, fast growing team and business.
Reporting to a Vice President of Engineering, this position will be responsible for:
- Finalizing the specification, bill of materials, and key performance parameters of next generation AI processing hardware in concert with executive engineering leadership.
- This unique hardware will fit into very small enclosure. It will integrate high end processing (CPU and GPU), Ethernet and Cellular connectivity, GPS, FPGAs, shared memory, advanced radar signal processing, optical sensing, and more.
- Managing outside design contractors in the physical design of this baseband processor. All intellectual property, architecture, and control of the design will be exclusively done by MatrixSpace. We will outsource the physical design of this baseband board, and this position will help select that vendor and manage that relationship.
- Working with our development staff to integrate this baseband processor with complex software teams, help debug issues, and generate continuous improvement in our product designs and customer experience.
- Continuous improvement of employee environment, business, and customer experience.
Key Skills Required
- BSEE and eight plus years of complex baseband/system board design experience. High performance CPU/GPU design experience is a must.
- Integration of optical sensing and/or radar are a significant plus.
- Attention to detail and must be adept at gathering and using data to support decisions.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.This is a hybrid role with both onsite and remote work expected. The amount of onsite work will vary depending on business needs and may change over time. We embrace remote work for most roles.
This role offers a competitive base salary, stock options, health and wellness benefits, 401K program options, and more.
MatrixSpace is a well-funded, rapidly growing company that is leading smart sensing applications. We are re-imagining radar, addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing so that objects can be identified, and data collected in real-time – no cloud access required. We’re building the smallest radar system to provide new levels of integrated outdoor surveillance in 4D (the size, location, and movement of objects in time) that makes it accessible to a broad range of public and private enterprises. www.matrixspace.com.