MatrixSpace is addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing solutions using real-time edge-based sensing to sense, detect, and recognize objects and motion in any situation. MatrixSpace’s ability to combine industry leading RF sensing, AI edge processing and RF communication in real-time is a major technology breakthrough with multiple vertical market applications.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to create the mechanical solution of MatrixSpace products including mechanical and thermal design of radar products. This role will be part of a growing, innovative product development team.
- Create mechanical solutions for the product including design of the housing, heatsinks, and overall assembly.
- Conduct thermal simulations and design.
- Design for environmental conditions.
- Prepare concept designs of mechanical components and assemblies that meet product performance, customer requirements and expectations, reliability and robustness requirements, manufacturing processes, and safety guidelines.
- Design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Create and maintain bills of materials and releasing mechanical prints.
- Support prototype/pilot builds.
- Perform mechanical verification tests per product specifications and writing test reports.
- Compile information for user manuals and/or instruction sheets.
- Experience in delivering successful production mechanical solutions for electronics products.
- Working knowledge of 3-D modeling.
- Familiar with material properties and design guidelines of mechanical commodities such as plastics, die castings and machined housings.
- Demonstrated experience of Finite Element Analysis for structural and heat transfer applications.
- Preference would be given to candidates with knowledge and experience in Design for Manufacturability and Assembly.
- Demonstrated success in resolving technical challenges, leveraging strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in creating mechanical solutions for electronics products.
- US Citizenship required for government work requirements.
This role offers a competitive base salary, stock options, health and wellness benefits, 401K program options, and more.
MatrixSpace is a well-funded, rapidly growing company that is leading smart sensing applications. We are re-imagining radar, addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing so that objects can be identified, and data collected in real-time – no cloud access required. We’re building the smallest radar system to provide new levels of integrated outdoor surveillance in 4D (the size, location, and movement of objects in time) that makes it accessible to a broad range of public and private enterprises. www.matrixspace.com.