This position will help build functional systems that improve our development capabilities and lead our internal development infrastructure efforts and delivery of production software builds/updates.
The position is based in our Burlington, MA headquarters and requires an on-site presence with some flexibility for remote work.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in software engineering, be familiar with multiple programming languages, and have prior experience working with developers and engineers to ensure that software development follows established processes and works as intended. The DevOps engineer will also help plan projects and be involved in project management decisions.
While strong software engineering, program management, and communication skills are essential, this is a role for a person who is enthusiastic about a broader role in a dynamic, fast growing team and business.
Reporting to a VP of engineering, this position will be responsible for:
- Building and implementing new development tools and infrastructure in our CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage nightly build process ensuring consistent delivery of new builds for testing and delivery.
- Managing build server and CI/CD hardware infrastructure.
- Integrating secure coding tools and methods into workflow – including static code analysis.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Aid with development of robust software delivery/software update methods for fielded systems.
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes.
- Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Planning projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Deploying updates and fixes for build pipelines.
- Performing root cause analysis of production errors and resolving technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate deployment and development.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Experience as a DevOps engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Proficiency with Docker images and setting up development environments.
- Proficiency with Atlassian Suite tools and workflows.
- Proficiency with Jenkins and build pipeline development for C++ and embedded systems, especially with Embedded Linux, and generic Linux distributions such as Ubuntu.
- Prior experience with multiple programming languages (C++, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Proficiency with building and deploying Docker images.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering and at least four years equivalent experience in industry focused on DevOps and additional experience focused on software engineering.
- Attention to detail and must be adept at gathering and using data to support decisions.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. MatrixSpace does not currently sponsor employment visas.
This role offers a competitive base salary, stock options, health and wellness benefits, 401K program options, and more.
MatrixSpace is a well-funded, rapidly growing company that is leading smart sensing applications. We are re-imagining radar, addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing so that objects can be identified, and data collected in real-time – no cloud access required. We’re building the smallest radar system to provide new levels of integrated outdoor surveillance in 4D (the size, location, and movement of objects in time) that makes it accessible to a broad range of public and private enterprises. www.matrixspace.com.