MatrixSpace is addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing solutions using real-time edge-based sensing to sense, detect, and recognize objects and motion in any situation. MatrixSpace’s ability to combine industry leading RF sensing, AI edge processing and RF communication in real-time is a major technology breakthrough with multiple vertical market applications. We are seeking a Test Engineer to help create industry-leading radar and communications products. The role includes development and maintenance of RF board and product OTA test stations for both development and manufacturing. The engineer will be part of a growing, innovative product development team.
- Defines and implements board and system OTA test plans in conjunction with HW and SW development engineering for development, verification, and manufacturing.
- Develops and maintains mixed signal, microwave, and mmWave board and system OTA test procedures and test stations for development, verification, and manufacturing.
- Drives automation of test stations, including necessary test code development and maintenance.
- Perform fault isolation and root cause analysis of test stations.
- Identify and recommend product improvements.
- Perform field testing to help optimize system and algorithms, especially when considering realworld deployments and customer requirements.
- Support regulatory, environmental, and associated requirements driven third-party testing.
- Expertise in devising RF/mixed signal board and RF systems test and automation development.
- Experience in radio systems at mmWave frequencies and over-the-air testing is a plus.
- Expertise in code development, ideally at least two of including Python, LabVIEW, C, C++, etc.
- Experience with DFSS concepts, with particular focus on analyzing parametric data (means, sigmas, Cp/Cpks).
- Microsoft Office product expertise, particularly Excel for data analysis, is a plus.
- Atlassian product knowledge is a plus (Jira and Confluence)
- Basic antenna concepts are required. Experience with phased arrays and/or radar is a plus.
- Familiarity with Software Defined Radio (ADI transceivers, Ettus, EPIQ, …) and FPGAs is a plus.
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using bench equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of New Product Development gated processes.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Must operate well in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time. Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in RF product test development.
- mmWave and/or Radar experience preferred.
- Must be US Citizen