MatrixSpace is an early-stage corporation delivering Artificially Intelligent (AI) autonomous systems, and delivers leading edge AI system products in the following areas:
- Autonomous UAV systems — drone swarms that fly themselves and perform complex tasks
- AI-driven, distributed perception, sensor fusion, and metadata/label creation — merged abstract representations of GIS maps and sensors (EO/IR, radar, LIDAR, etc.)
- Specialized Wireless Network communications
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting role for a hands-on senior engineer who will architect, implement, and manage the software & hardware interfaces and structure across web, mobile, edge, and cloud platforms. This senior position reports to our Chief Scientist. This position will be involved in new product definition through prototype and production release.
A strong command of modern software design and mathematic competencies is essential. All of our products capture information on their surroundings, interpret that data, and apply Artificial Intelligence to take action on that data.
This position represents a visible leadership position in the rapidly growing field of AI-enabled Autonomy. Our team is highly cross functional, and excellent team skills are required. Our work and products are leading edge and involve elements of applied research as well as sophisticated hardware and software engineering. Excellent written skills are expected as this position will create an architecture that is used by many employees and customers.
- Design and execute a responsive product delivery pipeline with well defined quality checks
- Maintain a rigorous, automated testing environment.
- Develop and implement critical product infrastructure for scale
- Evaluate the adoption of new software and hardware platforms
- Collaborate with the Chief Scientist and team to develop and manage a robust product roadmap
- Work with marketing to integrate user feedback into technology direction and deliverables
- Minimum eight years experience in directly applicable work
- Strong familiarity deploying CD/CI Agile deployment methods
- Strong DevOps/DevSecOps understanding
- Strong Dockers/Kubernetes/MLOps architectures
- Strong implementation and integration experience
- Strong mobile development skills
- Passion for learning new technologies in the pursuit of cleaner, more efficient code
- Exceptional people skills including developing, leading, and scaling teams
- Attention to detail and an expectation of quality from yourself and others
- Experience in developing your own scope of work, committing to that scope and timeframe, setting the pace, identifying risk, and securing customer data or deliverables
- Being eligible or in possession of a US security clearance, to meet expectations with our DoD clients
- Prior experience managing DoD programs and relationships.
- Prior experience on software Container Security
- Prior experience preferred in working with one or more AR, VR, XR platforms
- Data integrity and analytics experience
- Prefer experience with Unity, Couchbase or other NOSQL, and Azure.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
- Location will be at our company headquarters in the Kostas Research Institute in Burlington, Massachusetts, where we enjoy access to world class UAV test facilities and laboratories
THIS JOB IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — enjoys working on problems that have not been solved well yet and require working on tasks that require creativity