MatrixSpace is addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing solutions using real-time edge-based sensing to sense, detect, and recognize objects and motion in any situation. MatrixSpace’s ability to combine industry leading RF sensing, AI edge processing and RF communication in real-time is a major technology breakthrough with multiple vertical market applications.
We are seeking a Senior RF Engineer to help create industry-leading radar and communications products. The role includes RF circuit and system development, optimization, and characterization. The role will be part of a growing, innovative product development team.
- Circuit and system design and optimization of communication system and radar system.
- Mesh network implementation, testing, and optimization.
- Characterization and field testing to optimize system and algorithms, especially when considering real-world deployments and customer requirements.
- Create test solutions, especially for over-the-air testing and system functional testing.
- Automation of test systems.
- Participate in dual-mode radar and communications module design and verification.
- Participate in hardware design, hardware/software/firmware partitioning, and implementations.
- Expertise in RF circuits and systems.
- Experience in radio systems at mmWave frequencies and over-the-air testing is a plus
- Experience devising test solutions and automating tests
- Software experience including C, Python, and Matlab
- Electromagnetic fields and waves training is required. Basic antenna concepts are required. Experience with phased arrays and/or radar is a plus.
- Desired: Software Defined Radio experience (ADI transceivers, Ettus, EPIQ, …) and FPGAs
- Demonstrated hardware debugging skill using bench equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in RF circuits and systems.
- US Citizenship required for government work requirements.
This role offers a competitive base salary, stock options, health and wellness benefits, 401K program options, and more.
MatrixSpace is a well-funded, rapidly growing company that is leading smart sensing applications. We are re-imagining radar, addressing the next generation of AI-enabled sensing so that objects can be identified, and data collected in real-time – no cloud access required. We’re building the smallest radar system to provide new levels of integrated outdoor surveillance in 4D (the size, location, and movement of objects in time) that makes it accessible to a broad range of public and private enterprises. www.matrixspace.com.